With Google Tasks, part of the Google G Suite, you can create and manage multiple task lists, create subtasks, add details to your tasks, and set due dates. And by using a Google account, you can access lists from any device.
All the things you can do with the new app:
• Create task lists with your most important to-dos
• View, edit, and manage tasks on the go, from any device
• Manage tasks created in Gmail or Calendar on the web from your mobile device
Add details and create subtasks
• Break down your tasks to subtasks
• Add details about the work you need to focus on
• Edit details about any task as your work progresses
View tasks created from emails
• Create a task directly from an email in Gmail
• View your tasks in the side panel of Gmail
• Trace a task back to its source email
Stay on track with due dates and notifications
• Set a due date for every task to help you achieve your goals
• Organize your tasks by date or prioritize using drag-and-drop
• Receive due date notification reminders to keep your tasks on track
Part of G Suite
• Bring Google’s suite of powerful, intelligent apps to your business
• Leverage Google’s AI to bring data insights and analysis to every employee
• Connect with your team seamlessly using one suite: Gmail, Tasks, Calendar & more
You can download Google Tasks for iOS from the App Store and for Android from Google Play. On an Android device, the app asks for access to your Google account identity and your location. Tap on Accept if you’re okay with this. Start it and tap on the Get Started button. The first time you use Google Tasks on iOS, the app asks which Google account you want to use. Tap the correct account. The app then asks for permission to send you notifications. Tap Allow to be notified of tasks when they’re due.
And, according to Business Insider, “the best part about Google Tasks is that it works on desktop too. When you open up the new version of Gmail, you’ll see the tasks button along the right-hand side. If you’re someone who leans heavily on Google products, Tasks will be a welcome addition to the lineup”.
More on the subject you can read here.