Moving to a new place is stressful and looking for the right room to rent is mostly the reason why.
This platform comes to the rescue: it’s free and easy to use, matching tenants with landlords and tenants with roommates.
The platform is called Badi and is the product of Carlos Pierre Trias de Bes, a Spanish young man, recently included in the 2019 Europe Forbes 30 under 30.
Badi is a mid to long term room rental marketplace.
According to statistics, by 2030 the world’s population is projected to rise by more than 1 billion, bringing the total to over 8 billion people.
Demand for rental space is going to outstrip supply. Badi is prepared to match demand and supply effectively and efficiently with the help of machine learning.
Badi is committed to making city-living accessible for everyone and everywhere by connecting people with shared spaces.
How it works:
- Register on the platform with your Facebook account;
- The platform uses the API of the social network to understand your tastes and hobbies;
- Publish a room, look for rent or a roommate by filtering the candidates on various criteria;
- When offer meets demand, the two parties have the automatic option of chatting privately;
- Arrange the appointment for visiting the rental space.
- Fewer frictions for both landlords and tenants;
- Safe payments – Receive/pay the first month’s rent via a secure in-app transaction to guarantee the reservation of your room;
- Stop the endless flat visits;
- Strict cancellation policy to avoid any unwanted surprises.
Countries where Badi is currently available:
UK, Spain, Hungary, Belgium, Italy, Czechia, France.
Badi in numbers:
- Founding year: 2015
- Founder: Carlos Pierre Trias de Bes
- Headquarters: Barcelona, Spain
- Number of employees: 65
- Funding status: Early Stage Venture
- The total amount of funding: $44.9M over 5 rounds, the latest was funding was raised on Jan 10, 2019, from a Series B round
- Number of investors: 11
- 2018 Badi app statistics: 6000 matches per day, over 1 million users, 120k rooms listed.